Sunday, April 17, 2011

So the work begins

This weekend Dave and I started the demo on the boat. On the side walls of the interior of the boat there is liner that is kinda like a very low-pile carpet. Lots of it has mold and mildew so we are removing all of it. One of the problems is that the liner was put in before any of the interior cabinets and built-ins, so we have to remove lots of the interior woodwork. After it is off it leaves fibers in the glue sticking off the wall so today I spent about 5 1/2 hours sanding the main cabin to get down to the fiberglass on the hull. We also found out that some of the plywood built-ins are rotten and we will be building new ones.  Dave is working on many upgrades to the boat. The next 60 days are going to to be very busy. It would be helpful if it would stop freezing at night too.

port side next to the head
starboard side table area
Port side navigation station and elect panel hanging left side of photo
starboard side galley and table area

Galley  with  cabinet out

No comments:

Post a Comment