Thursday, June 16, 2011

Passed the ASA 103 class today

Dave an I both passed the 103 class. Now we only have the 104 class that will be on Lake Superior on the great lakes 2 days and 2 nights on the boat in mid July. The 103 class hands-on part the we did today is about handling the boat docking, anchoring and more sailing. I am sure the Marina was thinking what are those two doing now coming in the the harbor backwards a few times, in and out docking for a few minutes then back out on the lake, turning the boat in circles in front of the fuel dock for most of the day. One of the marina owners asked me if I was that scared of the water because we had to wear some type of personal flotation device: Dave and the instructor wore ones that looked like fanny packs, which left me with the big orange life jacket. They are hard to work on the boat and are hot to wear.  Dave  is going to order inflatable / safety harness for the trip. They will be a lot easier to wear while running the boat than wearing the big orange one.

Lori says: Donavan fell asleep in bed writing this blog, so I took the liberty of cleaning up the writing a bit and making the decision to post this as is. He didn't sleep much last night, and has been ridiculously busy over the past 2-3 months, so I think both the sailor boy and blog should be done for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment