Friday, October 21, 2011

6 days till we leave and no regular job for 2 plus months

Today I wrapped up all of my jobs, so no regular work for the next 2 months Yea. I have always had a job as long as I can remember, even when I was a little kid I worked on the family farm.

We will keep busy when on the boat part of the trip. I do plan to relax some in Belize. One of the things I am planning to do while in Belze is learn how to scuba dive. There is lots of great diving near Caye Cualker.


Tomorrow I am going to a funeral for Lori's Grandfather. On Sunday Dave and I start to load the boat. We think we have 2 truckloads to haul down and load on Sunday, plus finish up a few loose ends.

Dave doesn't know it yet, but I'm bringing a passenger. Earlier this year this person was supposed to go to Germany and travel around Europe, but for various reasons it didn't work out. After some discussion with Lori and Jane, it was decided that we needed to send Flat Jane on the adventure with Dave and I. I'm not sure that Flat Jane will be much help with sailing, cooking, or much of anything, but I'm sure will add some fun to our adventure as she travels along with us to Belize. It is unclear at this point if Flat Jane will be returning with Lori and I to the Twin Cities, or staying in Belize and traveling further on the Bettie P.

No comments:

Post a Comment