Sunday, October 23, 2011

Bettie is the last boat out of the harbor

Today when Dave and I arrived at the marina, Bettie was the only boat there. We ended up moving her South about 16 miles to Wabasha so that the marina could winterize.We filled up Dave's truck with stuff for the boat--cushions, supplies, etc.  After we got Dave's truck unloaded we headed out of the harbor and down river to Wabasha, where Bettie will sit until Friday morning, when we depart for Belize. Dave motored the boat down and I spent a couple of hours unpacking things and putting everything away. Surprisingly I was able to get things packed in better than I thought. On Tuesday I plan to go back down to Wabasha and finish up the last of the wood work and haul another load of supplies, food, and water for the trip.

I am a little bit out of it right now. My body has been hurting over the past month or so, and was finally able to get a massage. My brain may not be firing on all cylinders right now. We leave in four days and every moment is going to be used to get as much preparation done as possible. Dave and Noelle are working hard to get everything packed and sorted, and will be working down to the wire. It sounds like there's a number of people going to see us off on Friday morning in Wabasha. I will send out directions and information to everyone who has let me know that they're interested within the next day or so.

The trip down river today seemed like a tease of the adventure that will be happening over the next two months. Both Dave and I are ready to be on the river and heading South.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I can't even imagine how stressful and exciting and mind-numbing everything must be. Aaron and I are both coming down on Thursday night so we can wish you and Dave well on Friday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck to you guys! We will be looking forward to following your adventure.
    Your HH neighbors,
    David and Michelle Lee
    "Spirit", Sabre 28
    Lake City, MN

    ReplyDelete